Please help me welcome author Dusty Crabtree to the blog today as part of the Shadow Eyes One-Year Anniversary Blog Tour! She’s sharing one of my favorite things – quotes! Love em’!
Shadow Eyes Blog Tour and Kindle Fire Giveaway
First, let me say thanks to Karen for hosting me! I’m having a blast on this tour so far, and it’s great to be here!
Everyone, don’t forget to enter the rafflecopter below for a chance to win a print copy of Shadow Eyes, your full name in the sequel, and a KINDLE FIRE!
I love sharing my book with readers, and a great way to do that and to get them interested is to share a few of my favorite quotes from the book! It was difficult, but the quotes are somewhat in order of my favorites – 1 being the most favorite. But first, let’s check out the synopsis so the quotes will make more sense.
Iris Kohl lives in a world populated by murky shadows that surround, harass, and entice unsuspecting individuals toward evil. But she is the only one who can see them. She’s had this ability to see the shadows, as well as brilliantly glowing light figures, ever since an obscure, tragic incident on her fourteenth birthday three years earlier.
Although she’s learned to cope, the view of her world begins to shift upon the arrival of three mysterious characters. First, a handsome new teacher whose presence scares away shadows; second, a new friend with an awe-inspiring aura; and third, a mysterious and alluring new student whom Iris has a hard time resisting despite already having a boyfriend.
As the shadows invade and terrorize her own life and family, she must ultimately revisit the most horrific event of her life in order to learn her true identity and become the hero she was meant to be.
Top 10 Quotes from Shadow Eyes
Top 10 Quotes from Shadow Eyes
9. Bursts of glimmering, bright light flashed through waves of murky darkness in an ever-moving, ever-changing, and never-ending battle of good and evil.
8. I decided on a wave goodbye, but outstretched my hand more forward than sideways, which he mistook as a move to hold hands. When he took my hand and then realized that wasn’t what I had intended, we both felt awkward and tried to cover it up with an even more awkward hug, hands still clasped between us. All we needed to do was pound each other’s backs with our fists and we’d be frat brothers.
7. He glanced back to check my reaction and found me gaping and unable to move. As he began working on his project, a devious grin played on his face as if he knew I was nothing but a mere marionette easily manipulated by the slightest twitch of his master fingertips and that I was his favorite puppet to play with.
6. “…the second shadow tilted its head back and opened the dark abyss of its mouth. What came out was the most horrible noise I had ever heard. It sounded like the echoing cackle of a demon drowning in a deep well. As piercing as nails on a chalkboard yet as murky and surreal as a nightmare.”
5. It was as if his green eyes were my kryptonite, making all my defensive powers of wit and sarcasm useless. I was exposed and vulnerable. But for some reason, with Patrick…I liked it.
4. “Well, yeah. Since you have a boyfriend, nothing I say or do to you is meant to have any deeper meaning than harmless flirting.” He softened his voice as he leaned in closer to me and began tracing his finger from my hand up my arm to my shoulder. “Now, if you didn’t have a boyfriend…well, let’s just say, you could read as deeply into my actions as you wanted to.”
3. Suddenly, a gush of black water poured from the back seat over my shoulder and into my lap. I barely had time to let out a quick gasp of surprise before it began circling rapidly around my body in a thick spiral, tightening its grip as it climbed up to my face. Within seconds I was smothered, consumed, oppressed, and overcome.
2. With his eyes still fixed in our direction, he continued to flaunt how much he enjoyed her agony. How much he savored the ecstasy of twisting himself around her and lapping up her blood. **
1. I closed my eyes tightly and slowly put my hand to my forehead. I didn’t have to be completely lucid to recognize that our wreck of a situation had just escalated from a mild concussion to being thrown through the windshield of the car.
**Little behind the scenes tidbit – When I wrote this (it’s slightly modified here to avoid spoilers), I literally had to stop writing to shiver because I’d freaked myself out. Lol! What are your thoughts?
Which one’s your favorite?
Karen: Thanks for sharing those Dusty! Personally I like creepy - so #'s 3 and 2 were my favorites although the swoony ones were nice too :-)
Check out Dusty’s blog at http://dustycrabtree.wordpress.com/
Find her on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/dusty.crabtree.1
Follow her on twitter at https://twitter.com/dustycrabtree
Buy Shadow Eyes at http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=176
(also available at all major online bookstores)
View the book trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7UP9A0Fm78 a Rafflecopter giveaway