Friday, December 31, 2010
Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View who is also the designer of my lovely header!! Her question this week is:
What are your new years book blogging resolutions? I'm doing this post last minute so keep in mind I've given this about 3 minutes worth of thought.....
1. Try to expand my reading selections. I think as bloggers we get caught up in the hype bubble and read only a small selections of authors. I have found that I'm getting sick of certain genres and plotlines so I need to start looking for those hidden gems and maybe pick up something I wouldn't have read before.
2. In the same vain - look for blogs that review more that YA, PNR etc. Nothing against those reviewing those genres! In fact that's what I review most of the time but I would like to mix it up a bit. Maybe even start following non - book review blogs. Maybe find a travel blog or a cooking blog.
2. Organize my Goodreads shelves. I can't find a damn thing on there!
3. Don't join any reading challenges. I never finish them and I feel pressured to read the books and then of course I have no interest in them...lol
4. Write my reviews faster. I'm one of those people that the review either comes to them or it doesn't. So sometimes a month could go by after I read a book before thoughts start coalescing in my head to form a review. I would like to start at least getting a basic review written right after I finish a book and maybe come back to it later to finalize it.
5. This may seem counter productive to blogging but....read less. Sometimes you need to step away and not obsess over it and make reading fun again. No deadlines, no obligations - just curling up and escaping with a good book.
Sorry for the rambling nature of those answers....
What are your blogging resolutions?
If your interested, I wrote two posts this week: My Favorites of 2010 and My Greatest Literary Wish for 2011
Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy & Safe New Year!!!